niedziela, 10 kwietnia 2016

history oh history

29/02/2016

What subject starts with "H" and has been dreaded by me since I was 10? History!

 At the beginning of this school year I marched confidently into the glorious hall of our schools looking at all this poor people who were about to spent entire year learning about long and for most parts boring events and failures of dead men and here was I. The happiest person it this school. Well, at least that is what I thought until I discovered thrilling and exiting parts of IB that I was warned about but somehow I missed all of the warnings. Anyway, I managed to deal with the difficulties of an average IB student and then... History happened. To me more precise tok lessons involving History. I will run through the subject of history briefly since I can't pay attention to it. Here we go.

On that lesson I realized how bias is our history. During WWII the amount of propaganda existing all over the world made it hard to tell what really happened during some events. For example, photographs were manipulated in a way that if some figure occurring on one photograph was not beneficial to the whole event it was erased and people who were not present there and just known the event from the photograph can still live to this day in lie. Al off the tok lessons made me think about how easy it is to manipulate other people and I think I started develop trust issues when it comes to the things I learn at school. Also I know now that the problem with changing someone’s mind when the idea is heavily rooted in that person's mind is not only my problem, but the widely occurring issue. And this is why war happens and why society gets divided and racism and basically a lot bad things in history happened because people couldn't cooperate.





Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz